Monday, November 25, 2002

Short week this week, Kimosabe. Which is good. Did you happen to notice (well no, how could you since Blogger ceased to put time and date stamps as well as 'Posted by...' on my blog when I installed the hit counter)... but anyway, the last posting went down at 1:43 am. I guess my thinking (to the extent that you could call it that) was, "I took a nap this afternoon, so it would be fine to stop at Ty's for a beer (well, an O'Doul's, which is definitely not beer) and then head home. Oh. All this after I drove all the way into the city to realize that I had no money and no ATM card, so I had to go all the way back to Jersey, get those, and then come all the way back.

I am very not looking forward to the conference I'm going to next week. For one thing, it's in Seattle, and that's a long plane ride. For another, I'll basically be spending a week hanging with folks from the old job, and I just sort of need to purge that now. I didn't realize the extent to which the pressures of running a non-profit were making me feel like a windshield bug. And now that I'm feeling (relatively) great, it just seems like it would be a step backwards. Particularly after the Former Board Chair called to unjustifiably reem me out a few weeks ago. And, frankly, I don't like the fact that I'm going to be away from this job for three days next week. Too much is happening. And, basically, I have a lot to think about. Lots and lots to mull. And all the psychic vampires I'll have to deal with at the conference won't really allow for much of that.

Annanuthathing. I want to go to DC for MAL. But, interestingly, I'd rather share a room this year. Both for financial reasons, and because it would be more fun. So I'll start asking around and see who's going. After the outrages of the holidays, I'll need that. And, it will be in 2003, and my New Year's Resolution will be Play More! and that will be a good playground in which to kick off the new year.

-------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: