Saturday, January 24, 2004

Closer

Although I did my best to talk myself out of it, I drove down to Philadelphia last night and went to the montly meeting of the Philadelphia Bondage Club. The plan was that I would meet up with a guy I met at the Raven in New Hope (always been interested... never done anything... with I guy like you...).

Surprise! New Hope guy was a no-show. Which I pretty much expected. Marlboro Sir was there. Which I expected, too. I had my butt plugged, cuz Marlboro Sir likes that.

I have to sit down and have a talk with Marlboro Sir. Not looking forward to it. Along the lines of, "Remember how I said I was hot to take your charged load? Well, scratch that."

So last night I had another idea. Marlboro Sir, you might remember, is a bottom except with me. And whaddya know? I had a gear bag full of floggers. So we did a flogging scene.

Time was short as they were kicking us out at midnight, but it went well. And it felt so good to flog a man again.

Now don't you all go hatin' on Marlboro Sir just because he wants to shoot a load of poz jism up the tight muscular butt of Yours Truly. He really is a good guy. But, after the scene, I undid the restraints, and we collapsed together on a mattress on the floor and he was all about whispering in my ear about how it's gonna happen. This is not gonna be welcome news to Marlboro Sir.

Ah well.

After the Bondage Club, I headed to the Bike Stop. Piss Boss was stationed in the coat check. He told me to give him a call sometime. Sounds like a good idea.

Not many guys I knew there. Tends to be half empty on Friday nights. Saturday has always been the night to head to the 'Stop. But the crowd was good looking. Several hot Sirs in evidence.

At one point, this guy came up to get another beer at the bar. I looked at him. And I took a second look. It was (uh....) Richard.

[flashback]

Fifteen years ago, when I lived in Philadelphia, I met Richard. I was coming out of Woody's (I believe) and he was standing in the door. A hot, built man. Being the naive, self-conscious, insecure, shy boy that I was, I did what I always did when confronted with a hot man. I kept my eyes on my boots as though an urgent message was going to flash from them at any minute.

But Richard was undeterred. "Hi!" he said, "Dick." and extended his hand.

I got to know him on that sort of casual go-to-the-same-places kind of way. And through him, I met his best friend. Best friend had a cat named Ned. And, he had a job that took him down to South and Central America for a week or more at a stretch. He told me he hated to leave Ned with the pound, almost as much as Ned hated it. So when best friend would head down to Peru or wherever, I would take care of Ned.

Ned was a great cat. He was a Chartreux. Often confused with a Prussian Blue, but not. He had a beautiful grey pelt that hung off him. He had the best disposition. Totally un-neurotic. Completely unflappable. So much more like a dog than a cat.

Once, I ran into best friend out and about in Philadelphia. "Gosh! I didn't realize you were back in town! When do you want me to drop off Ned?"

Best friend looked sheepish. He had been back for three days. He was leaving again in two days. He asked me if I liked Ned. I told him I did. "Well," he said, "Why don't you become Ned's Daddy?"

And so I gained a cat. A wonderful cat. Ned is no longer with us. He died a week after my sister. Of a blood clot. Just like my sister. He is sorely missed.

I hadn't kept up with Richard when I left Philadelphia. I moved to NYC to move in with my boyfriend, who I was dating when I met Richard.

Last night, we established that we were both single. We're gonna meet up for dinner. I was wearing leather jeans made by Mephisto, my harness, and arm bands. No shirt. So I don't have a lot of explaining to do. Not sure if Richard is kinky. Not sure if he is a strong believer in the monogamy thing. But yeah, I'd date him.

The man has got it going on.

But, wherever things go with Richard, and despite the loser that dragged me down to Starbucks on Thursay night, I just have this feeling in my gut that I'm getting close. That the man flagging Hunter Green Left that i've been hoping for will make himself known sometime soon. Absolutely nothing I can point to.

Just a feeling.


No comments: