Sunday, January 11, 2004

NYC. Diabolique and Me.

Wow. Went to New York last night. The ostensible reason was that I was out of Designer Whey protein powder and tea. I sent an email to Diabolique asking if he wanted to meet up. He did.

We met at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to take in the El Greco show (wonderful) and the Men in Skirts installation in the Costume collection (worth finding, but could've been better). Afterwards, D. and I headed downtown for dinner. Our destination was Bendix on First Avenue and 10th Street so I could have Bendix Curry, one of my favorite things to eat in the whole world. Well guess what? Bendix is closed. Never again will I feast on Bendix Curry.

So we headed to Khyber Pass on St. Marks, an Afgani restaurant. For a great meal.

it was wonderful spending time with Diabolique again. God, I miss that man. Good to hear he's going to be at MAL next week.

Diabolique and I talked and talked and talked and talked. About everything. Well, primarily about S/M and spirituality. That's the shared interest with us.

Yeah, so NYC is not my city any more. And after only a few months in the hinterlands, I can't see living there again any time soon. Not my city any more. Blah blah blah. But Diabolique and several other people make it a place that I need to get to more often.



No comments: