Wednesday, January 07, 2004

I: Meme Master

I created a Meme at work! I came up with it a few weeks ago, before the break.

A co-worker asked (with disgust) what finish we were doing on a job. There were more than a few flaws in the piece we were working on. I replied, "we're doing Special High-Intensity Tan." He looked at me, not getting it. "Y'know, Special Hight-Intensity Tan. S. H. I. T. It's a SHIT job."

More evidence of the high standards we apply to ourselves and each other at work. In fact, I don't think I've ever worked anywhere that the standards have been quite so high. We all want it to be perfect. Flawless. Nothing less will do. And a SHIT job implies that somewhere along the lines, those standards have slipped. And we've gotta correct that. And we take pride in correcting that.

So yesterday, another co-worker calls out to me, "Hey Dutch! Looks like we've got another Special High-Intensity Tan job coming off the floor."

And he and I got busy making it a Maple frame job with a Fireside 40 sheen glaze instead.

Love that.


No comments: