Tuesday, January 20, 2004

My Kind

I'm realizing something in the wake of MAL. I didn't know I was going so far out. "Not waving but drowning." Without anyone or anything to bounce off of, I couldn't locate myself. Man, after all, is a social animal.

Here in the hinterlands, I've had as much play as I wanted. But here's how play works... you connect on the internet, get an address, drive out there, mutual assent is given (and it's much more likely after you've driven two hours), you get busy, you dust yourself off, you drive home.

But no community.

I need my kind. I need to be a part of something.

And I think I need a friend. Not necessarily someone who's interested in bedding me. More someone to go to the movies with. But absolutely someone to sit down and talk to.

Being with the Boss made me realize that something: I'm lonely. That's something I've never been before.

Huh. How to make that work?


No comments: