Thursday, January 15, 2004

MAL Bound

Woe is me. After work today, I dropped Faithful Companion off at the kennel for the weekend. This is awful! I hate not having Faithful Companion around. It's miserable. Where's my boy-boy? Where are those appealing eyes? When I got back, there was no pitter-patter of little paws of Faithful Companion came skidding across the kitchen floor to greet me. Awful.

But tomorrow, after work, I head south to Washington DC for MAL. That means there's a hell of a lot of work to do tonight. The cleaning. The filling of the woodbox. The fixing of hamburgers for Dear Ol' Dad.

And the packing.

Ah yes. The packing.

Been thinking about the packing.

There is the story, possibly apocryphal, of four men from New York City heading south on the Jersey Turnpike to go to Delta. They were in an SUV. It was packed to capacity with luggage, so much so that the only one who didn't have anything on his lap was the driver. All of the luggage belonged to one of the men in the car. He was the Top. The other three were bottoms. They were each bringing basically a change of socks.

In years past, MAL has left me frustrated. I go there to play. I pack everything in the car. toybag after toybag after toybag. Bring it all up to the room. Get it all arranged so that I can throw a scene together at a moment's notice. And there it all sits.

Well guess what's on my mind this year?

A change of socks.

In part because I don't feel like going through all the work. And if past is prologue, it's not like I'll be missing out on stuff.

And in part because this weekend, I'll be flagging Hunter Green Right. No qualifying Black Left. Straight up Hunter Green Right.

That's boy seeking Dad, for the uninitiated.

I'm going to MAL as a bottom. And not just a bottom. As a boy.

My Saintly Hoar Headed Grandmother used to say, "If you want to make a sale, put the goods in the window." And that's what I'm gonna do.

What better place to meet a Sir? A Sir who's looking to collar. No place.

So we'll see.

I'm staying the weekend with Boot Sir. A prospect in his own right.

So we'll see.

At the very least, packing just a change of socks will be a hoot, huh? Well, a change of socks and my moisturizers.

Okay. And my SAP gloves, a couple of floggers, wrist restraints, and rope.

But that's it.


No comments: