Sunday, January 04, 2004

Things I Can't Afford

  • IML
  • A solid black leather codpiece for the David Menkes made flight suit to make it a little more street wearable
  • Renewal of my Leather Navigator subscription
  • Renewal of my New Yorker subscription
  • Non-dorky safety glasses for work
  • Getting a benign fistula removed from Faithful Companion's butt
  • Tanning on a regular basis
  • A vacation. And we're not talkin' about two weeks in Europe, but maybe a long weekend in Fort Leatherdale, or a trip out to see Alpha in San Diego. When will I see the desert again?
  • A welding machine
  • Car insurance
  • New and updated calling cards with my name, email address, and phone number to pass out to hot boys I meet in bars
  • Web design software (Dream Weaver, or whatever) so that I can finally gussie-up my website
  • Plants to give the yard of the ol' homestead a makeover come Spring
  • The fifth season of Sex in the City on DVD
  • Seeing the Phillies play other than on television
  • Paint for the bedroom that is now mine
  • A Weber grill for when the weather gets warmer
  • Signing up with iTunes (I'm not fooling myself into thinking that I'll be able to keep my purchase of songs at 99 cents a pop under control.)


Ah well. I have my basic expenses met, and (hopefully) enough to keep me in the necessities: cigars, tea, and eye moisturizer. Time for a therapeutic shower and session with the Shower Shot! That'll brighten my perspective!



No comments: