Monday, June 07, 2004

Career Path Takes A New Turn

This morning, I got called into the office of the the Vice President. First off, he wanted me to give my presentation on sanding to two new guys that are starting on June 21st. And I'm sure happy to do that. And, to a bunch of the cabinet makers. Yikes! I'll do my best to keep it light and self-deprecating.

And then there was the second item. I'm getting a promotion and a raise.

Yahoo! Yippee! Woo-hoo!

Right?

Well, not exactly.

Y'see, the one guy at my job who I hate is the other person who works in the hardware department. Before he made the move there, when he worked at the sanding table, he drove me nuts. And, it's hardware. It's a step up from sanding, I'll be learning new skills, but basically it will be like putting together IKEA furniture.

Oh well. I told Mr. Vice President my concerns against the socially inept closet case I'll be working with for eight hours a day. Mr. V-P said that I wasn't alone in voicing them. So it's a done deal.

I will make the best of it. And the raise will sure help.


No comments: