Monday, June 14, 2004

Oh Yeah. I'm Tough, Too.

The ankle was stiff and sore this morning, but as the day wore on, it got easier and easier. By the end of the day, I was walking (slowly) without the crutches. I still can't put weight on it, but I can move forward.

Spent the whole day working in Hardware. I was doing touch up on the finish of samples (this allowed me to sit down), and putting shelves and hinges on cabinets, and gluing cleats (strips of wood on the back of wall cabinets by which they're hung). And I ended out the day tapping screw holes in the molding that holds the glass in place in glass front cabinet doors.

But it dawned on me at one point... is that it for me and sanding? Adieu, Sandinistas? I saw my boys as they passed by Hardware on the way to the bathroom and such.

*sigh*

I miss the repartee around the ol' sanding table, the looks they gave me that spoke of a request for my approval, their Big Life Questions that they'd ask. Yeah, I'm mourning the loss of the sanding table a bit. But onwards and upwards, I guess.

After work, I had to head to the hardware store. Y'see, I have to start buying tools. Nothing spectacular. It's not expected that I lug in a circular saw or something. A hammer and a tape measure to start out with. I added to this a Mag Light (for checking the finishes), and needle nose pliers (you always need needle nose pliers for something). And I also found a pick that won't go in my toolbag. That's for unknotting the crackers of whips.

Then the supermarket. Dinner tonight was special. To celebrate my rapidly healing ankle, and my first full day in Hardware. I got shrimp for Dad and cherrystone clams for me, and some zucchini that I sauteed in butter for both of us. Basically, I had butter for dinner. Butter on clams, butter on the zucchini. Can't beat that with a stick. Dad and I both have arteries of steel. No cholesterol here.

Oh. And here's an interesting development. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I want him to take a look at my ankle, just to be safe. I called to make an appointment with Dr. Blor, who's something of a local celebrity and my father's doctor, but he was booked solid all this week. Sooooo, they asked if I would take an appointment with Dr. Burmeister.

Dr. Burmeister. He brought me into this world. Why would I not accept an appointment with Dr. Burmeister? I can't wait to see Dr. Burmeister. Longtime and careful readers will recall that when I was thirteen, Dr. Burmeister posed to me the following: Well, I assume you're masturbating by now?

I had no idea what masturbation was, but felt I would disappoint him if I said so. I nodded my head. "That's fine," said Dr. Burmeister, "Once a day for a healthy prostate."

How forward thinking is that? Go Dr. Burmeister! I wonder if he'll do a rectal exam tomorrow? Maybe I'll garner a compliment on my supple but firm healthy prostate. I have never not taken Dr. Burmeister's advice. Even though that's the only advice I ever remember him giving me.

And now, the dishwasher humming, I'm watching the Chicago Cubs play the Houston Astros. How freaky is it to see Roger Clemons and Andy Petite suited up and pitching for the Astros? Way freaky. But here's the best part: the Cubs are up by two in the 4th. Go Cubs!

I have a taste for something sweet after all that butter, aquatic protein, and veggies. I think I'll bake some cookies tonight. Yeah. Cookies. That's the ticket.

Oh. And before I close... any readers down San Diego way interested in geometrically expanding their competency in all things SM? Check out the San Diego Pain Guild. Twelve days of soup-to-nuts SM skills building and discussion of the psychological aspects, lead by none other than Roadkill. (Talk about blooming where you're planted... Roadkill sponsors monthly dungeon parties and now he's taken this on! Bravo!) The curriculum is as follows:

The course will cover these SM basics:  basic rope bondage, flogging, spanking, strapping,  tit play,  genitorture, rope harnesses, things that pinch, shaving, candles, fire play, cigar play, sensory stimulations, fantasies, scenarios, verbal abuse, humiliation, basic electricity, abrasion, bruising, punching, ass play, fisting, piss, raunch, gags, masks, collars, hoods, gloves, boots, history of leather, breath control, suspension, heavy duty bondage, mummification, head confinement, handcuffs, orchestrating a scene, erotic massage, cum control, temporary piercings, cuttings, sounds,  and topics introduced by the members. The last session will be reserved for topics which group members specifically want covered. At each meeting all participants will pair off and practice new skills on each other.  Both technique and psychological aspects of SM will be considered. 


It's based on the excellent GMSMA Novices Special Interest Group. So you know it's gonna be good. If'n you're interested, email me at krrrush(at)mac.com and I'll hook you up.

And now, I'm off to soak my foot in icewater and bake Tollhouse cookies.


No comments: