Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Traffic Jam in Doylestown

So there I am, tooling around Doylestown in my Jeep after work. I pulled up to a four way stop.

What to my wondering eyes should appear, but this... this... this... man.

Built like a brick shithouse. Full beard. Tattoos. Like, all over. Aviator dark glasses. Buzz cut.

And he was jogging. Or running or whatever they call it. Wearing only running shoes and really really little tight shorts.

Get the picture?

So what did I do?

WOOOF!!! And betrayed my Native American ancestry by letting out an ear-splitting war whoop.

I have no idea how much time passed while I was feeling the rapture of Running Man. But presently, I came to my senses. There were three other cars at the four-way stop interesection. The drivers and passengers in all the other cars were focusing their attention on me. I guess I was the next one to 'go,' and consequently, they had all witnessed the big bald buy in the jeep going apeshit over Running Man.

I saw five smiling, laughing, nodding-in-agreement faces looking at me. That had been a shared moment. Shared with my fellow Bucks Countians.

To the best of my knowledge, Running Man was oblivious to the fact that he caused me to cause a traffic jam in Doylestown.

Hope he shows up at Starbucks for a post-run latte at some point.


No comments: