Thursday, October 24, 2002

Here I am, blogging from my (former) desk at my (former) job. Shockingly, they all seem to remember my name.

A few things:
1. Heard from ARt today. We're on for tomorrow at 10pm. He's bringing the restraints and his whips, so I don't have to. I'm nervous, in a giggly kind of way.
2. Went to the Lure last night, met a sweet guy I've previously played with at El Mirage. He actually came across the river to Jersey City and spent the night! I'm a little fried as he had to be back in the city at 11am, so I only have about 5 hours sleep.
3. I had the address wrong for the gay roommate place it's on 22nd Street, not 20th as I had thought. So, I'll stop in tomorrow and give them $150. A woman I worked with let me know that there's a place available in her building. It's $850, located on 16th Street between 6th and 7th. It's an SRO, with a sink and a microwave in the room and a shared bathroom. Now, not that I ever cook, but I like to have the option to do that. And my preferred method of making tea in the morning involves a stove. I currently do not own a microwave. I'm thinking of letting it pass.
4. I bought some more clothes today (leather pants, black dress shirt for work, Nasty Pig neoprene pants) and picked up the the pants for my new suit from Joseph.
5. I managed to stop at the New York Sports Club at 8th Avenue and 16th Street. I'm now a member. Or at least, I'm soon to be.
6. Because I worked at the Tom of Finland Erotic Art fair a few months ago, I'm comped for the Tom of Finland Party this Friday night. Who knows whether I'll be up for tripping the lights fantastic with a hamburger back, but spending a night tripping the lights fantastic could be just the thing. Issue: where do I park? The thing is at Broadway and 43rd Street. Park somewhere downtown and take a cab? Will I be able to get a cab back to my car at 4 in the monring? Image flashing through my mind: there I am on the 9 train, wearing chaps, blood still flowing in places from the whip marks in my back, nonchalantly doing the New York Sun Crossword Puzzle.
7. I now turn off the lights in my apartment with my bullwhip. Remember the Simpson's episode where Homer buys a gun, and starts doing everything with the gun (like opening the door)? Kinda like that. It's a pretty neat party trick. I mean, anyone can blow out a candle, but flicking a light switch?
8. Baron von Philadelphia has confirmed. He's winging his way northward next Thursday for Halloween.
9. Five shopping days left until my 38th Birthday.
10. I love my life.

No comments: