Friday, October 04, 2002

Those 26 Questions Making The Rounds in the Blogosphere

Here's my go at them:

1. What's on your bedside table?
Book of Common Prayer, condoms, lube, handcuffs
2. What's the geekiest part of your music collection?
The Rainbow song from the Muppet Movie
3. What do you eat when you raid the fridge at night?
Cereal
4. What is your secret guaranteed weeping film?
What isn’t? I cry at just about every movie I see. A League of Our Own probably tops the list though.
5. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
Electrolysis on my nose hair
6. Do you have a completely irrational fear?
Yeah. Snakes.
7. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moments?
Avoiding eye contact.
8. Do you ever have to beg?
I don’t even ask for directions when I’m lost.
9. Do you have too many love interests?
I have a much to short span of attention to describe romantic inclinations as ‘interests.’
10. Do you know anyone famous?
I have a million ‘I know somebody who knows…’
11. Describe your bed.
Just as it came from Dial-a-Mattress. No headboard. It’s firm and full size.
12. Spontaneous or plan?
Spontaneous always.
13. Who should play you in a movie about your life?
Rupert Everett
14. Do you know how to play poker?
Somewhat
15. What do you carry with you at all times?
The book I’m reading, my cell phone, and my PDA
16. How do you drive?
Fast.
17. What do you miss most about being little?
My sister
18. are you happy with your given name?
Actually I’m not. It’s one of those words (like ‘water’ or ‘marry’) that different people pronounce differently. I hear Der-ooo, True, Droooo, Driewww. And then there are those variations. Drewster. Drewber. Droopy-drawers. I’ve always wanted someone to give me a nickname that would stick. My middle name is ‘Devoe.’ I was named after my Great Uncle, Devoe Arbegast. Everyone called him Uncle Bo. I’ve thought about going as D. Devoe Kramer and having people call me ‘Bo’ familiarly.
9. What color is your bedroom?
It’s all pretty white in there.
20. What was the last song you were listening to?
Hold Me Now by the Thompson Twins
21. Have you ever been in a school play?
Can’t easily be avoided. Not past 7th grade, though. I never did the Drama Club thing.
22. Have you ever been in love?
Just recently. And for the first time in my life.
23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
I do like myself. I think I’m too riddled with self doubt to say that I ‘believe in myself.’
24. Have you ever done any illegal drugs?
Yes, but not since I was 21. I’ve done pot, cocaine, and crystal meth.
25. Do you think you're cute?
‘Cute’ isn’t the word I’d used, and not one that I think has been applied to me lately. I like to think I’m sexy. That’s sooooo 1970s, but so am I in many ways.
26. Do you consider yourself to be a nice person?
I do. I’m just about never mean to anyone. But, often I’ll feign pre-occupation or obliviousness to avoid talking to someone.

No comments: