Monday, October 21, 2002

I hate Mac OS X. It's made my life incalculably more difficullt. I just took my (formerly trusty) iBook to the Factory cafe so I could work on my Departure Memo whilst I got some dinner. And I made significant headway. And then, a window came up that said, "You have no power left in your batter so we're shutting down right now." I clicked on the Save icon just as the screen went black. Now, not only did it apparently not save, but I can't open up the damn document. I hate Mac OS X.

I guess I'll have to find some Mac Guru to come to my house and figure out where I screwed up and, if possible, set things right. Do I dare take it to the folks at TekServe? Yeah, I guess I dare. Damn damn damn damn.

Also tonight, I went to the New York Sports Club at 8th Avenue and 16th Street. Careful readers of Singletails will remember that I paid $29 to become a member of NYSC at their Christopher Street branch. Since then, I've been foundering on the shoals of indecision as to whether to sign up at Crunch on Christopher Street or at New York Sports Club. I decided that the only way to resolve this dilemma would be to get a day pass at both places and see which one I liked better.

Not to impressed with NYSC. What do I want in a gym? Free towels (check), orderly arrangement of weights (check), not too crowded when I work out (about 9:30pm) (check), open until at least 11pm (check), sizeable gay clientel (check), not too loud music (it was blaring), blow job in the steam room (no dice). And, they had one of those offensive signs posted "Inappropriate behavior will result in the immediate termination of your membership." Not that those Chelsea boys would have deigned to engage in any inapprorpriate behavior with the like so me, but who's hurt if it's done discretely? And what's 'inappropriate' anyway? I once dated a guy who would shower with his gym clothes on then dry them (sort of) in the little centrifuge they had for swim suits. Now that is inappropriate. Not to mention demented. Doing that old parlor trick where you put a spoon on your nose? An impromptu puppet show? A fit of hysterical blindness? Snapping towels? Challenging someone to a catching-quarters-off-the-elbow contest? Baton twirling? Rating your fellow gym goers with Olympic diving style score keeping cards as they emerge from the shower? Displaying your newly whipped bloody back? (I'll find out soon enough on that last one.)


And I called Schlitz. No return phone call. Yet. After the gym, on my way to dinner at Florent, I loitered outside his building. "Oh hi! I called you earlier. What a coincidence running into you." Steady. There are anti-stalking laws on the books in this state. He's really got my circuits fried. What an unbelievably hot man.

And I also (finally) returned Special Guys phone calls. Speaking of anti-stalking laws, they averaged four a day. I'm meeting him and a lonely guy friend of his to go up to the Cathedral of St. John the Divine tomorrow at 2pm. I'll probably have to cut out early as I'm seeing my therapist at 4pm. Then, Special Guy, Lonely Guy, and I will reconnoiter at the Factory Cafe and go to dinner at the early, early hour of 6pm.

Since we're meeting at Big Cup, it might be a good idea for me to take my iBook in and see what they can do for me. Yikes. That will mean no blogging until I get it back. Unless I contend with the homeless at the public library.

How did I do on my to do list for today? Let's review:

Clean my apartment: Sort of. I put a lot of stuff into trash bags. It goes out on the curb on Thursday. I put clothes away. Dropped off laundry. Basicallly everything but vacuuming. Not too bad.
Call car insurance guy: uhhh.... tomorrow.
Check in with the folks at my old job: Check. Left a message.
Work on my Departure Memo: See above. I hate Mac OS X.
Get a day pass and check out the 16th Street New York Sports Club: check.
Call Schlitz: check.

So that's not too bad. What shall I tackle today?

Vacuuming!
Call insurance guy.
Pay bills.
Update GMSMA treasurer's report
Buy a new leash for Prosper my dog
Make some futile attempts to contact someone... anyone... at tech support at Apple Central.
Inquire as to what it would cost to rent a bulletin board on Houston Street and put up a huge sign reading, "I switched to Mac OS X. What the hell was I thinking? Biggest mistake I ever made. I'm such a total loser."
Anxiously await return phone call from Schlitz.
Cancel all plans with Special Guy if Schlitz suggests we go to the Guggenheim. Or out for coffee. Or to Queens to watch the Department of Sanitation do pick up in Sunny Side. Or put the eleven pounds of change he's been filling up cigar boxes with when he empties his pockets into rolls. Or clean his bathroom.

Memo to File: I have got to make him dinner. I fix us a nice Vietnamese Fish Stew and he's mine. BewahahahaHA!
Have sex with wild abandon with Schlitz. Anytime. Anywhere. Anyway.

No comments: