Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Got wonderful email from Does Mean Well that I only read briefly this a.m. before I ran out the door to get to work. Among the pearls of wisdom poured out for my benefit: "You don't train slaves; slaves train you, Babe." I called my Dad and step-mother to receive their birtday greetings. My brother had a hernia operation and is recuperating at home. I've decided that I'm not talking to him. We were doing really well, and then he told me that my softball team winning the division championship wasn't that big of a deal, because after all, you're playing with 'a bunch of fairies." I was sort of stunned. I'm wearing the near-Prada suit today at the office, so I'm feeling cool-as-hell. A got a really nice card from everybody at work for my birthday. Therapy tonight, and then I'm meeting Past President for dinner.

When I worked for Boss the last time, one of the few perks that came with the laughably low salary was the opportunity to get free tickets to the Big Apple Circus. Once, attending as a lowly aide, I was mistaken for the Boss himself, and got the VIP treatment backstage--or behind the big top or whatever--meeting all the performers and such. Well, I'm going to the Big Apple Circus again this Friday night. Which is perfect. Baron von Philadelphia will be in town, so that will be a delightful thing to do with him. I wonder if the Museum of Natural History still hosts "Legislator's Night." They open up the place for an evening for legislators and their staff. We get to basically have the place to ourselves, frolicking amongst the fossils.

Well, back to work.

Well. Back to work.

No comments: