Saturday, October 25, 2003

Dad is on to me!

So yesterday, while I'm hauling my various gear bags out to my car and my father says, "You sure have a lot bags. You have more bags than any guy I've ever seen."

Whoa! Dad has spotted my bag fetish? Not that I make a secret of it. I can't turn down a good bag. A bag with lots of compartments. Backpacks. Messenger bags. Satchels. These cool little rectangular bags with shoulder straps that REI outfitters makes. Duffel bags.

What drives this? Simple. I'll see a bag, and I'll think, "That's it! That's the bag! It's got a compartment for my Palm Pilot, for my iPod, for my cell phone, for my journal, for my checkbook, and for whatever book I'm reading. Why if I buy this bag, I'll be able to organize my whole life! I'll be an organized person. I'll have it all together.

"Get together so I can whip you? Sure! Let me retrieve my Palm from my bag--which will take just a second because it's handy right here in my bag with the other life-organizing things that I always have with me in this great bag--and we'll figure out when we can make this happen!"

So I'll buy a bag, and I'll be sure that I've found the perfect bag. And then, I realize that it doesn't have quite enough room for me to stow my gym stuff. Or whatever. And the search for the perfect bag continues.

But let me tell you, when it comes to a gear bag for my S/M stuff, I have found the perfect bag. There is no better bag. It's a bag that I bought at J&M Uniform and Supply in Alllentown, Pennsylvania. It's designed for EMS workers. We are talking compartments. Compartments out the wahzoo. All the compartments I could need. And the heavyweight durable construction in black canvas means that my whips, floggers, restraints, and such are protected.

I think if I ever worked in a luggage store, it would be as bad for me as it is for Tim working at All About Throw Pillows.


No comments: