Thursday, October 16, 2003

Time for Tim!

Like. Okay. This guy that I met at the Raven was like, "You're perfect." So he takes me and puts me in front of my Dell, and he's like, "Write." And I'm like, "What do you want me to write?" And he's just like, "Write."

So I guess this is like his weblog? And I mean, I don't know, I guess I'm supposed to like write about my life? So. Like. Okay. I guess that's cool. I can do that.

Like, my name is Tim, and I live in New Hope. I grew up in Feasterville which is like near here, and I moved here. Like, I guess I didn't need to say that I moved here, right? Because it's like, Tim, if you lived in Feasterville and now you live in New Hope, you must have gotten there somehow right?

Anyway.

Like, my two best friends are Melissa and Paige. They're so sweet. And they're so fabulous. We like totally bonded over giving each other facials. We'd like, buy a bottle of vodka and go over one of our apartments and just spend the whole night drinking vodka martinis and giving each other facials. It's like so Cool! Melissa is like a total chocoholic. I mean, anything chocolate. That's totally why she couldn't do Atkins, because she was like, Okay, I'll only eat meat and chocolate. And I was like, Meliss'! You're just eating chocolate! You said you were going to eat meat and chocolate! But you like forgot the meat part. But that's Melissa, and that's why we love her. And Paige is like so fabulous, too. I mean, we like go to the mall and she has these hot guys come up to her and Melissa and I are like Oh. My. God. I mean, these guys are like so hot. And they'll talk to Melissa and say these things to her and they'll be like totally Busted! And Melissa and I will be like, Dude! You. Are. So. Busted!! We will! I swear!

And I work at this really cute shop in New Hope. It's called All About Throw Pillows. And so I guess you can tell that I have like a million throw pillows in my apartment, because we'll just get these great throw pillows in, and I'll be like to Remy the manager, "Oh. My. God. I am totally taking this throw pillow home with me." And Remy is like, "You know this store would close if we didn't have you buying all these throw pillows." But I'm just like so crazy! I mean, I don't need all these throw pillows, but some of them are just so great.

Anyway.

After work the other day? I was like walking through New Hope? And there's this great store for clothes? And like, everything in there is like total Designer. I mean, it's like totally what you'd find in New York City, but it's not, it's like in New Hope. How cool is that. I like totally love that place. Whenever I'm in New Hope with Paige and Melissa, I'm always like, We are totally going to look at clothes. And they're like, Oh. My. God. And I'm like, post-shopping vodka martinis on me! So they're like, Okay Tim. Let's go look at clothes. So we do.

And anyway, I was in there with Melissa--I don't know where Paige was--and I saw this amazing sweater. It was like... amazing. And I've got these great charcoal gray pants and with that sweater, I would just look so good. I mean, I would just be like Hello! Look at me in my sweater! Okay, so I wouldn't really be like that? Okay. So I would.

But anyway.

So I'm like in love with this sweater. And I'm like, Oh. My. God. Melissa, I have got to get this sweater. But then, I look at the price tag? And the sweater is--you won't believe this--the sweater is like a three hundred dollar sweater. And Melissa is like, forget it. No sweater is worth three hundred dollars. And I'm like, I don't care. I've got to have this sweater.

So yesterday, I like called Melissa and I was like, Do you know why I'm calling? And she was like, Oh. My. God. You are totally calling because you are stressin' about that sweater! And I'm like, Honey! I totallly am. I am totally stressing about that sweater. And Melissa is like, meet me at the Raven for vodka martinis! And I was like, I'm so there.

So I get to the Raven, and I'm like totally stressing about that sweater. And Melissa and Paige are there, and they're like totally like What. Ever. Right? And I'm like, You guys, you don't understand. I like totally love that sweater! And Melissa and Paige like totally start to laugh? And I'm like What? Totally don't dis me because I want that sweater! And then Paige like reaches behind her and she takes out this box, and she's like, This is because we totally love you, Tim.

Okay, so I am like totally freaking out. And I'm like, Oh. My. God. You guys. I can't believe this. And so I totally opened the box, and it was the amazing sweater. And like my birthday--I just turned forty! The big Four-Oh!--was like two months ago, so it wasn't even like my birthday.

So I like ripped off the sweater I was wearing and I put on this amazing sweater. And today, when I wore it to work, my Boss Remy was like, Oh. My. God. Tim that is such an amazing sweater. And like, Remy is a total Goth! She's like Miss Black Nail Polish and everything, and even she loved this amazing sweater.

Okay. So here's my big question. Like, I've got this amazing sweater. And these amazing friends. And so like, why do I not have a boyfriend right now? I mean, there's this guy that I like a lot, and we get drunk at the Raven all the time together, and once or twice we you know, like did the nasty thing. But I don't know if I'm into him? I mean That Way. But there's this other guy that I met at the Cartwheel one night? And like Paige and Melissa were like, He is so hot! You should totally go for it! And so I went up and talked to him, and he was so nice! And like, he knew all about all this stuff I love to talk about. And he was like, Oh My God. I totally love your vest. That is like so Prada. And we were like totally laughing about Jen and Ben and we both totally agreed that Ben Afleck was so hot before he went out with Jennifer Lopez and now we're just like, Uh... No. But he was like from Connecticutt or somewhere. Like East Hartford? Is that in Connecticutt? So that wouldn't work. Paige thinks I should totally ask him to move down here, but Melissa is like, This town is so full of your Ex boyfriends and you want to import another one? And I'm like, Melissa! You bitch! But I can't get mad at her because she does these sweet things like get me that amazing sweater.

Do anyway, that's all I can think of to write. This was like so fun! So if you ever get to the Raven, and you see a guy drinking vodka martinis wearing an amazing sweater, that has got to be me, so say hello.

Peace!


No comments: