Wednesday, June 11, 2003

Golden

Great Adventure with the Ballbreakers. Wonderful.

I managed to make it to the Dugout by 8 am, the agreed upon meeting place and time. There were seven of us, and we headed south on the Jersey Turnpike bound for Great Adventure. (For no good reason, the German translation of 'Great Adventure,' 'Grossen Abenteur,' was in my head all day long.

We were at the gates of the park a good fifteen minutes before they opened. Arriving so early was a sound strategy. When they dropped the ropes, all of us sprinted to the Superman ride. Superman iw a great ride. The apparatus they use to secure you in those seats is... uh... something I'd like to have in my own home. After Superman, we enjoyed Rolling Thunder (a wooden rollercoaster, I love wooden roller coasters), Medusa, and, unfortunately, Viper. Stay away from Viper. G.A. shut down Viper a while back after many complaints. The ride knocks you around a lot. You walk down the gangplank sore and bruised. Kind of like a date with me.

Before noon, we had been on just about all of the rollercoasters. Some of us (me and two other guys) were feeling a wee bit queasy from all the Negative G's we had been pulling that morning. Some of us (the other four) are ready for astronaught training with NASA. We grabbed a light lunch and went to see the dolphin show to ensure it stayed down. The dolphins and sealions were great. Dolphins, and especially sea lions, remind me of dogs. And I love dogs.

After the dolphin show, we fell into a routine of going on a ride, eating crappy food, going on a ride, eating crappy food... A passably pleasant way to spend an afternoon. We also hit the Batman rollercoaster, the Buccaneer, and both of the floom (or is that 'flume'?) rides. The second flume (I'll alternate) was fun as we were directly behind two hot skinhead boys. Alas, they got soaked but didn't take off their wet shirts.

We Ballbreakers were indeed breaking one another's balls. Relentlessly.

Example:
Ballbreaker 1: Oh my God. I was screaming like a bitch. I had my eyes closed tight. I couldn't wait for it to be over.
Ballbreaker 2: That sounds like a hot date. And how did you like the ride just now?

After the morning haze lifted, the day was beautiful. Gorgeous. Hot and sunny, but none too humid.

It was all just sublime. The whole day was unmarred by anything bad whatsoever.

Perfect.

Golden.

No comments: