Saturday, June 07, 2003

New Music

The guys in my car going to Randall's Island to play softball were in their mid twenties, and music hounds as guys in their mid twenties tend to be. M. perused my CD collection and was approving of everything until he came upon my Limp Bizkit CD. He's not a big fan of our guy Fred.

Anyway, I stopped by a store on Sixth Avenue and bought some new CDs. Or rather, Bank One bought some CDs, and I get to listen to them and when I either get an advance check on my book or sell my condo in Fort Lauderdale, I'll pay them back and then they'll be mine. (Thanks Bank One!)

Here's what I bought:

  • Red Dirt Girl by Emmylou Harris (don't have this, and long wished I did)
  • World Without Tears by Lucinda Williams (Vanity Fair says, "Lucinda Willliams has made the record of a lifetime...a profoundly chilling, heartbreaking, important record." Can't wait. Love Lucinda. No one sings lust the way she does.)
  • Bust a Groove by Paul Oakenfold (I snagged a couple of tracks by Mr. Oakenfold off of Limewire, liked it, and decided to buy a CD. See, Music Industry? Music Piracy is not a bad thing!)
  • American Life by Madonna (Listened to this in the car on the way back across the river and liked it. I actually have never bought Madonna before, because I haven't needed to. You always here her everywhere. Not the case this time. Has an adult kind of sound I like.)
  • Mutter by Rammstein (They are the band that's playing in the opening sequence of Vin (chained at my feet, soaked in my piss) Diesel's movie XXX. I liked their sound a lot. And, I bought it thinking of basanos. He's into that. If I do indeed end up collaring him, I think I'll give him the responsibility of Music Management. It would be good to expand my musical horizons.)



No comments: