Monday, June 02, 2003

Notes on Crackers

whipping boy sent the following. She received the information from 'one who knows,' and that's more than I can say for myself. I tend to keep the crackers that come with my whips. I've seen crackers replaced, and someone was once kind enough to switch off a cracker for me. A nice replacement cracker came with my six foot bullwhip. But, I am terrrrrrified of messing up my whips by attempting this on my own.

I look at my whips as being alive, and I would no more attempt to take a shot at replacing a cracker than I would at doing an appendectomy on my dog. Thus far, I haven't had any real problems, but if I did, I think I would chill out until Inferno, or see if I could meet up with ARt or Roman Cool and have them either do it for me or walk me through it.

At anyrate, here's the Cracker Report from whipping boy:

Spectra: little crack, excellent longevity, doesn't cut (relatively)

Nylon: good crack, good longevity, cuts well

Poly: good crack, reasonable longevity (especially on a fall), haven't used it to cut yet, assume it cuts well

Aramid: excellent crack, lousy longevity, cuts like a ginsu


No comments: