Saturday, June 07, 2003

Worth Waiting For

Whilst messaging back and forth on WorldLeathermen today, basanos threw me a curve, quoting from the 1928 Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church in America. Right then and there, I had to go jerk off. The masturbatory fantasy involved a visit to a kinky iron monger who would weld a thick, steel collar around his neck and cuffs on each wrist. Just that was plenty to get me off.

Gotta hold back. I fight back the urge to get him to come down here to NYC before the date he gave me, June 22nd. Or in the alternative, to gas up the Jeep Liberty and drive up there to Albany. After the severus episode, I just want to confirm that he exists, although I actually don't have a lot of doubt about that.

But no. Sit back. Take it easy. Relax. If it's in the cards, it's in the cards. If not, then not. Only time will tell. No sense rushing into things. I've been invited to a party on July 3rd, hosted at the home of two Hellfire members who live outside of Philadelphia. I'd love to attend with basanos on a leash. "Hi! How's it going? Good to see you! This is my slave, basanos. basanos, show this man some respect."

But that would be an overly ambitious time table.

Because I wouldn't want it to be a slave-for-a-day kind of thing. That is too much mixing of fantasy and reality. I want it to be all about reality if indeed it happens. And there are a lot of details to work out before that happens.

At TESFest, an excellet workshop I attended was conducted by a woman who is an experienced slave owner, and a lawyer. She spoke convincingly about having a contract in place. To be sure, such a contract is not legally enforceable, but it serves an important purpose in letting both parties put in writing their needs, wants, and expectations, and then sit down and hammer out something that works for both of them. That way, a breach of the contract will be immediately evident to both Master and slave. That ought to suffice to prevent the relationship from devolving into boyfriends or something. And, she recommended that initially, the term of the contract be for a shorter period of time (say six weeks or three months). No one can say "Deals off, it's not working" until the term of the contract expires. At the end of the contract is the time to decide whether or not it's working or not.

The penalty for breach of the contract? Well, in most cases it's 'you gotta sit down and talk about it.' Best not to put everything in terms of 'and if the slave does not keep all of my boots shined at all times then the slave will be dismissed' or whatever. A slave is looking for security, and having abandonment constantly hanging over his head doth not security provide. The most severe penalty is for either party acting in bad faith. The penalty there is dishonor.

I like that. There's not enough attention paid to honor and dishonor in the world today.

Anyway. Maybe I'm spinning wheels way too much on a man I've never met.

But still... The Book of Common Prayer???!! Wow.


No comments: