Friday, June 29, 2007

C'est N'est Pas Rien, C'est Une Couche Mal

Oh. My. God.

I could not be happier.

Turner Classic Movies is showing Sidney Lumet's Murder On The Orient Express.

Such an amazing movie. I saw it when it first came out with my brother and my father. It's incredible film making. Every frame is absolutely perfect. And the cast: Albert Finney, Lauren Becall, Ingrid Bergman, Wendy Hiller, Jean-Pierre Cassel, Sean Connery, Michael York, Jacqeline Bisset, John Gielgud, Richard Widmark, Tony Perkins... How the hell did they get the greatest actors of the 20th Century in the same movie?

Nine year old me emerged from the theater with a fascination for train travel, Agatha Christie, and a desire to learn foreign languages. Among other things. (Hercule Poirot and I share a certain pride in our extraordinary moustaches.)

I wish I had known. I would have make myself a nice pot of tea.

This is delightful.

No comments: