Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Uncanny Enneagram!

I've known people who were really really really really into the Enneagram. As with most things, I would be dismissive as I am about horoscopes or the articles in the National Enquirer along the lines of, "The Tires You Buy Reveal Your Personality!!!" But in my case, the people I know who are into the Enneagram are among the smartest people I've known in my life.

I remember reading a book on the Enneagram several years ago, and enjoyed it. The basis for the thinking is that this thing we call "personality" arises from how we deal with problems as young children. And that's fairly straightforward.

But, nothing compared me for the results of this Two Question Enneagram Test.

Holy frijoles!

I am nailed! I am pegged! I have to say I don't have even the teeniest argument with any of these points.

Here's the post of my results, and there's a link at the bottom to follow to take the test yourself.



Your Score: 9 - the Peacemaker


Thanks for taking the test !




you chose BX - your Enneagram type is NINE (aka "The Mediator")


"I am at peace"



Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union
with others and the world around them.



How to Get Along with Me




  • If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially
    don't like expectations or pressure.


  • I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advantage of this.


  • Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.


  • Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge
    me gently and nonjudgmentally.


  • Ask me questions to help me get clear.


  • Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.


  • Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.


  • I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.


  • Let me know you like what I've done or said.


  • Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.



What I Like About Being a NINE




  • being nonjudgmental and accepting


  • caring for and being concerned about others


  • being able to relax and have a good time


  • knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around


  • my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good
    mediator and facilitator


  • my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and
    now


  • being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe



What's Hard About Being a NINE




  • being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive


  • being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline


  • being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally


  • being confused about what I really want


  • caring too much about what others will think of me


  • not being listened to or taken seriously




NINEs as Children Often



  • feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant


  • tune out a lot, especially when others argue


  • are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves




NINEs as Parents




  • are supportive, kind, and warm


  • are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective






Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele

The Enneagram Made Easy

Discover the 9 Types of People

Harper
SanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages




You liked the test?

so    S P R E A D    I T !   tell everyone!!!
(use Quick-Paste below)


you wanna know MORE?

so check out, what Wikipedia says about your type...



...even more you'll find in Google


or do you prefer to









You are not completely happy with the result?!

You chose BX


Would you rather have chosen:

  • AX (SEVEN)
  • CX (TWO)
  • BY (FOUR)
  • BZ (FIVE)


  • Link: The Quick & Painless ENNEAGRAM Test written by felk on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I took one of the longer tests a while ago. I was right on the border--either a 4 or a 5 (Artist or Thinker) But lowest scores in 2 and 9.

    A lot of the questions are tough for someone who is both hard-headed and submissive.