Those little incidental things that bring you joy. Not "joy" as in "jump for...", but just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and smile. That quiet and profound joy.
What are yours? What are those things that do it for you?
Here are a sampling of mine...
• Soaking In A Hot Tub
• Pho That lovely, brothy vietnamese beef stew
• The Sunday New York Times
• A Day At The Beach (This Friday! Woo-hoooo!)
• Cooking For Someone And Having Them Rave About It
• A Good Cigar
• Splitting Firewood
• Raw Oysters
• Walking Down The Street Holding Hands With A Handsome Man
• Driving A Long Distance
And to that, I guess I'd add what I was doing just now:
• Sitting Out On The Screened In Porch During A Thunderstorm
So again, what are yours? Feel free to click on "Comments" and let me know.
And again, we're not looking for "Waking Up In A Suite At The Hotel Plaza Athenée In Paris With A Knock On The Door Announcing That Your Chocolat Chaud and Petit Pain Have Arrived" kind of thing. But more those small things.
Thunderstorm outside sounds like it's picking up again.