Monday, March 17, 2003

Among the many things I like about spending time with Security is his sharp mind. He's something of a skeptic, but not in a cynical way. He just has a healthy distrust of appearances. My glass is always half full. Especially when the glass in question is S/M. I tend to see S/M as the balm for every ill ("If George Bush would just let Jacques Chirac flog him I'm sure they could work this all out. Would somebody please give Saddam Hussein the fisting scene that he needs?") Security is right there with, "There are a lot of guys out there who have no idea what they're doing and do a lot more harm than good for the men they play with," and "There's plenty of petty gossip and back-biting that goes on among men into BDSM," or "You can look at it that way, but I think most people just want to get their rocks off." Who's right? I think probably both of us are right. And in a way, neither of us are right. It's the five blind men and the elephant. We both have our perspectives, and it's good to hear from someone with a different perspective.


No comments: