Monday, March 24, 2003

Really good workout at the gym tonight. Did back and shoulders, thinking all the while about GMSMA's Singletail Whips workshop this coming weekend. Four days away. Not only is it going to be conducted by ARt (who whipped me in October) and Master of Mirage, but the famous German whipsman will be on hand also, as will whip maker extraordinaire Joe Wheeler, who made my amazing signal whip-bullwhip hybrid. Last year, of course, was changed my life forever, setting me on a new path, my own path. So what's up with me taking a repeat? Simple. To share in the magic once again, and I'll be bringing along my new eight-foot bullwhip with a two foot fall to practice with. I hope to be scene-proficient with it by the time Inferno rolls around.

After the gym, I headed to Village Natural. I eat there maybe two or three times a year. I really can't afford it right now, but decided to have dinner out rather than fixing another casserole for myself at home. Village Natural always makes me think of Woody Allen's movie, Sleeper, wherein Woody plays a guy who is revived in the future, and in the past ran the Happy Carrot Health Food Restaurant in "some place called Green-Witch Village." After being revived, he is offered tobacco, which he refuses. "Oh, that's right," says one of his revivers, "In his time, people avoided tobacco and alcohol and red meat, all the things we now know are good for you."

How I wish. Although from what I've read, they're right about alcohol (in moderation) and red meat (thank you Dr. Atkins! you deserve the Nobel!).

Some good writing went down tonight, too. I'm almost at 100 pages. It's coming more slowly now, and I've been worried about that. Since Boss Sunshine isn't being such a pill, I've not felt the urgency (fallaciously believing that once I'm published, I'll be able to leave my job there) that I did. Also, inspiration is coming more slowly. But, after the great prose now in the memory banks of my iBook tonight, I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Huh. Y'know, sometime soon I really ought to print out a hard copy. If my hard drive were to crash now, I would surely throw myself off a bridge.

Now, having given myself something else to worry about, I'm off to bed.

No comments: