Wednesday, March 12, 2003

I received from the Chicago Hellfire Club a form for me to submit of men to whom invitations to Inferno XXXII should be sent. Maybe I'm making way way way too much of it (I think I tend to do that with all things related to Inferno), but I practically started to tremble with this awesome responsibility being imparted upon me. I mean, what if I get an invitation for somebody and he turns out to be a dick? Inferno was such a magical, incredible thing, that the chemistry involved seems so fragile. I don't doubt, though, that in reality it's probably not. I spoke to one person whose experiences were the exact opposite of mine on every count. So, if someone were to go there and just exude negative energy, it probably wouldn't kill the overall event.

But, because my attendance at Inferno resulted in my seeking to become and being accepted as a Hellfire Associate member, the invitation has the air of, "Do I want this person to be a member of my family?" Again, I'm perhaps making way too much of this. Perhaps. Maybe. But I just think about sitting in the dining area, underneath a canopy of... wysteria was it? Past President described it as the Valhalla of the Heroes. And I think that's sort of apt. So who among the people that I know do I feel should be destined for immortality?

Okay okay okay. Clearly I'm making too much of this. Brass tacks. Who do I know involved in the leather scene would I welcome spending a week with in the woods, possibly doing a scene with, and who would have a blast. After all, *that* is what it's all about.


No comments: