Thursday, August 14, 2003

Alas. Done in again by my blog.

Dang.

It's happened again. Offense is taken at something I write, and the deal is off. Sort of a new spin on this old problem. I've had bottoms lose interest when they discovered that I'm not 100% Top. There's a guy who literally runs the other way when he sees me as he expressed fear that I would write about him. I've had to go back and edit this my blog... let's just say I did it as a favor without quite understanding what the problem is. And I've had someone tantalize me with exactly the yummy factoids that I wanted to hear, and he knew I wanted to hear them, because--guess what--he read it in my blog.

And now this. Apparently, I don't have quite the hoped for frame of mind. Now, mind you, without getting too much into questions of epistemology here, how would one be able to determine frame of mine in someone who... y'know... doesn't spend a coupla hours a day spilling whatever happens to be on his mind onto the world wide web? It occurs to me that in fact, I never ever have done a scene with anyone who also kept a blog. Or made the request that they turn over their diaries to me. No. I've had to engage in conversation with the men I play with. Get to know them. Ask them questions. Offer my perspective. Debate and discuss. But, of course, the interiority of another is ultimately a black box, about which we cannot surmise. Even if the 'another' in question has a blog. And so one must risk, and rely on the oft-shattered belief in the basic goodness of others.

Or... y'know... not. But risk is what it's all about.

Do I sound like I'm cheesed off? That would be because I'm cheesed off.


No comments: