Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Relief

Talked to Phoenix in Atlanta. Talked to Diabolique, back from a week of Body Electric. Watched TV. My brother and his wife stopped by. My step sister showed up and is now staying.

Diabolique suggested that right now, I'm busy and occupied and numb, and the feelings will come later. I have to admit, I sure feel numb.

Here's the highlight of my day: finally I got to see Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Oh. My. God. What a rip. What a great ride. I love the Fab 5. Although honestly, I think that the cop from Staten Island isn't all that straight. I know half of the places that they take the straight guys. It is way New Yorkey.

Another thing I like about it is the basic premise that what these straight guys really need to learn is not how to dress or how to make a torta, but how to be an adult. Being a man is about knowing how to take care of yourself, and the boundries of 'yourself' extend to your home, your kitchen, and your wardrobe. Nice.

I also caught an episode of Boy Meets Boy. I would be shocked to hear that this show has anything like a gay following. All of them seem to need makeovers. I mean, whee did they manage to find seven gay men who were... like... so L7? I would have kept that champagne for myself and sent them all packing. Well, actually, I kind of thought that Darrin was the least deplorable of the group. I think that Darrin has a really trashy side deep down under. And, he'd look great gagged and sweating bullets and taking a flogging. But, Darrin was sort of kicked out of the kicky digs and didn't make it to the next round.

Anyway. I'm plotting to get to the Raven Pool tomorrow afternoon. Gotta get a break from this.


No comments: