Friday, August 15, 2003

Here's the pics

During the blackout, the decision was made here at the romantically candlelit Singletails Building on Park Avenue in the 50s to dispatch a roving reporter to the streets. Here's what Our Man With A Camera brought back.

As commuters made their way home from work on foot, cars inched their way through the streets without the aid of stoplights.


Oh. My. God.
The gravity of the situation sets in: this means no Grande Iced Lattes!


Police were dispatched to major intersections to direct traffic.


Citizens jumped in to direct traffic at other intersections


This dollar store, fearing looting, decided to conduct business through their burglar gate. Good thinking! Those folks look pretty surly. The woman on the right strikes me as a riot just waiting to happen.


Oddly, Colliseum Books on 42nd Street had power and was open for business. Alas, with the approaching night, there was no where that you could see to read your book.


And here's an eerily darkened Times Square


I'm hangin' here in Beautiful Downtown Jersey City until later. My chances of going to the gym and getting myself fed still seem to be somewhat better here.

But look for me tonight at the Eagle. I'll be the big built bald guy with the bushy stache smoking cigars on the roof.


No comments: