Friday, August 22, 2003

Soy Capitain, soy Capitain

Oh no. La Bamba is on the Bravo network. I have no idea why, but this movie is guaranteed to have me weeping from the opening titles till the last credits. I turned it on while I was making dinner and I was hooked. Weeping, making eggs and bacon, weeping, making eggs and bacon. I just saw the part where Richie Valens (Lou Diamond Philips) sang La Bamba on national television. Now comes the confrontation with his older brother.

"Yeah, I followed you around because I thought you were somebody. Then!"

I'm sobbing.

Okay. I admit. It's a verrrry hokey movie. But it makes me cry just the same.

When I hear the song I cry too. I have it on my iPod sung by Los Lobos. When it comes up in the lineup at the gym, I have to run to the bathroom so I'm not sobbing in the middle of the gym floor.

Just because I'm a big tough Top who whips men's backs till they bleed doesn't necessarily mean that I can't get weepy about manipulative movies.


No comments: