Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Alpha Gets It Right!

Alpha is making his annual trip to the East Coast. He's visiting with a buddy down in DC, but yesterday, he took the train up to Philadelphia. When I got off work, I headed down to meet him at Millenium Coffee. We met, we parked, we went to dinner at the Down Home Diner in the Reading Terminal Market. Then it was off to More Than Just Ice Cream (which Alpha misread as More Than Justice Cream) for dessert. Then back to stately Singletails Manor. When we got near, we took a brief detour, so I could show Alpha some of the local sites. We went plunging down local backroads until we hit River Road, through Point Pleasant, and up the hill to the county park where I worked as a Deputy Ranger when I was in college.

And then back to stately Singletails Manor. Once in the door, Alpha and I sat and chatted with my father. Alpha was great. He did everything right. Why would I doubt that he would. Then, Alpha took a shower, I made lunch for today at work, and we cuddled up together under my neoprene sheets from Nasty Pig. Perfect. It felt sooooo good to have a warm body in bed with me. (Dorian, who is somewhat neurotic... okay, incredibly neurotic, consigned me to the daybed in my bedroom while he took my bed.) Much pillow talk ensued.

My father drove Alpha to the train station in Doylestown this morning as I was up and at'em and out the door at 6:40 a.m. When I got home from work, my father was full of talk about Alpha. My father likes him. And I think Alpha likes my father.

I feel sooo much better.


No comments: