Wednesday, November 05, 2003

remove this item. it... offends me.

There was no room for me to set up a desk here at my father's house. So, I took over my stepmother's little table in the corner of the living room, replacing her electric typewriter with my iBook. It's a little corner table, made of wood. Just now, I happened to notice that no one even took the time to fill the nail holes with putty. And the varnish is marred by glue at all the joints. And there are scratches that weren't sanded out. And the feel of the finish is rough to the touch. Was this sanded at all???

My Dream House that's part of my five year plan continues to take shape. Cement floors, and furnished throughout with pale maple built in cabinets with a high gloss finish. And furniture made out of steel. Steel coffee table, steel bed frame, steel desk. Minimalist, and filled with light.

The woodwork, particularly the finishes, will be flawless. Absolutely flawless. Cuz I'll do it. Cuz now I know how to do that.


No comments: