Monday, April 07, 2003

The day went by and no poem. My apologies. I went to the Met for Parsifal with Diabolique (formerly Past President) and a sweet man who will soon serve as a bottom in a cutting demo that GMSMA is doing on April 25th (I believe). Parsifal was great. I found myself tumescent at one point reading about warriors and heroes being lured into slavery. That's just me.

Diabolique requested a poem about redemption. I don't know that I know any that take up that theme specifically.

Here, however, is one I've always loved.

A Clear Midnight
By Walt Whitman

This is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,
Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done,
Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the themes thou lovest best,
Night, sleep, death and the stars.


No comments: