Wednesday, April 02, 2003

So tonight I was the beneficiary of a perk from my job. I got to see Don Juan by Moliere at the Lucille Lortel theater on Christopher Street. I needed a date, so I brough Special Guy. As my boss is a benefactor, they treated us pretty well. The evening started with dinner at Anglers & Writers, one of my favorite restaurants, at Hudson and Leroy.

I met Special Guy at the Dugout, a Sunday Beer Blast in early June. We talked, and I was enthralled. I said, "Wanna go get something to eat?" and he did, so we went to good old Anglers & Writers. So, it was the scene of our first date. And there we were again.

The play was wonderful. Well, as a play, it's sort of a dog, describing the story of Don Juan, a sinful man who gets hauled off to hell by a statue come to life that accepts his invitation to dinner. But Moliere did a nice job with the story, and the production really took it as far as it could possibly go. It was just splendid. Really great stuff. Because it dealt with themes of sin, redemption, and retribution, Special Guy liked it a lot, too.

It was, of course, great hanging out with Special Guy. In May, he flies out to San Francisco for a job interview. If he gets it, he'll move there. I asked if I could come with him when he goes for the interview. He said he would probably be too freaked out. But we decided that if he does get the job, I can come visit him, and if he doesn't get the job, we'll make a trip out there together.

Nice.

And so, not so mysteriously, I'm thinking that I'd like to go on a date this weekend. What do I mean by that? Simple. Movie. Dinner. Back to my place or his place. Comfort sex. Breakfast the next morning. This idea was conjured for me after the play, after I said good night to Special Guy, and headed to Ty's, to celebrate the birthday of a member of my softball team. There's this way hot guy I've seen in and around Ty's. I think that he thinks that I'm do-able, too. Alas, he has a boyfriend. There they were, sitting, talking, touching. Watching them, I thought, "I wanna go on a date."

What are my chances there? Well, slender. There's a very hot man with whom I exchanged numbers at the gym the other night. And then there's a guy who works with Past President. He wasn't on my radar really, until Past President mentioned that he was "very fond of me." And I'm meeting a guy I've messaged and emailed back and forth with since we encountered each other on World Leathermen Dot Com.

Anyway. Time for bed.


No comments: