Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I've been reading with keen interest lately the blog of Bryan. I ceased reading a few weeks ago when it got to be all about him and this boy who had moved in together and were deep in the throes of domestic bliss. (Cynic that I am about such matters, I turned over the egg timer and watched the sands begin to fall through the hourglass.) I've always enjoyed Brian's blog. He worked as a photographer for NEXT and was all about the drag queen and dj end of New York nightlife.

So's anyway, so's I point my url in Brian's direction the other day, and what's this? He and the BF have separated, and he's now back with his parents in West Texas, working on demolition of little houses on the prairie, contending with bull snakes, and dirtying up his cowboy hat so it looks better.

How to make the case to my therapist as to why I want to move to Pennsylvania?

Here are some initial thoughts...


  • Swimming in the Delaware River off the Wing Dam in Lumberville;
  • Long long walks with my dog down Sladek Road and Swagger Road
  • Putting in a garden;
  • Grilling in the back yard;
  • Driving into Philadelphia on Saturday nights to have dinner with the Baron and scope hot boys at the Bike Stop, which is, y'know, a Leather bar, and New York City doesn't have one of those;
  • Perhaps getting to know better fellow Pennsylvanians and Chicago Hellfire Club Associate Members Frank and JP, whom I like a lot, but with whom I haven't had many dealings;
  • Buying sweet corn when it comes in from the fields;
  • Playing the NYC mystique for all it's worth with the local gay boys;
  • Perhaps seeing more of Security, who lives not far from where I'll be living;
  • Wake up, have tea sitting on the front porch, eat some oatmeal, spend the day writing;
  • Chopping down trees, splitting firewood;
  • Practicing with my whips in the lush green grass of the front yard;
  • Being able to use my Shur-Shot anal douche without having to worry about contracting the nasties that proliferate in the Jersey City water supply, as what's coming out of the faucet there will be good, clean, pure well water;
  • Independent films at the County Theater in Doylestown, Pennsylvania;
  • Giving friends in the city a taste of country living for summer weekends;
  • Having a great Christmas tree;
  • I know all the back ways down those beautiful country roads;
  • Reconnecting with people that I haven't seen in twenty years;
  • Meeting up for ice cream with my high school French teacher with whom I was friendly;
  • No noisy kids hanging out on the corner below my window when I'm trying to sleep;
  • Hanging in Rittenhouse Square watching the boys with the Baron;
  • The first frost of the season;
  • Seeing if the pear tree that grows right outside what will be my bedroom window is still giving good fruit;
  • If I were able to find a slave, I could devote a lot of time to training;
  • As Diabolique pointed out, I have Unfinished Business with my father;
  • I'd have to spend serious amounts of time there when my step mother shuffles off this mortal coil, regardless;
  • It would be ideal to look for a job without the threat of starvation or eviction hanging over my head;
  • Things could possibly work out as I dare to dream that they might, and I could very well end up supporting myself by writing.


No comments: