Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Hi Ho! Hi Ho!

Today it was announced that from now until Christmas, we will be working ten hour days. That means that tomorrow I need to be at work at 6 a.m. That means that the alarm will be going off at 4:05 a.m. (Seventy-five miles north, the stragglers at Pork will be leaving the Eagle and heading home. I know. I was among them a few short months ago.) Tragically, this also means that if I were to go to the GMSMA holiday social tomorrow, I would be leaving here about 6:30 at the earliest, getting me to NYC at around 8pm. And, I'd need to be on the road at 8:30, so I'd get home in time to go to bed at 10 pm.

This is bad news.

(Today at work, we finished up a set of kitchen cabinets that were painted a glossy black. What is up with that? Going for that retro Eighties look and combining it with teal and hot pink, or what? We were all referring to it as Dracula's Kitchenette.)

Anyway. We'll be off to a bad start. Tonight is Queer Eye for the Straight Guy at 10 p.m., so I won't be getting to bed until eleven, giving me all of five hours sleep. Wish me luck on that. I ain't missin' Queer Eye.


No comments: