Monday, December 08, 2003

No News...

My father is a regular watcher of the six o'clock news. Pretty much for the first time in my adult life, I'm watching the news, too.

It's unbelievable. It's sooooo bad. So bad.

I mean, it's not news. Murders and accidents. Accidents and murders. Traffic, weather, sports. And snow. The snow has gotten a lot of coverage. The occasional child abuse case.

Tonight, when I was serving up dinner, I was watching a movie, "Bell, Book and Candle," with Jimmy Stewart and an amazing Kim Novak. Dad wanted to switch to the news. I said, but you saw it last night.

"But it's the news," said my father.

"But it's the same. The snow, accidents on 95, murder, weather, and the sports."

"I guess you're right," my father agreed.

We watched Kim Novak cast a spell on Jimmy Stewart while we ate our hot chicken sandwiches.


No comments: