Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Barely Legal!

Bad news on the Bucky front. Or at least, something to give me pause.

Bucky is in his first semester at college. He was graduated from high school last June. He's eightteen years old.

I mean, that's young. Maybe too young, right? We're talkin' a few months short of statutory rape. Looks doubtful that I'd be meeting Bucky's parents, who are probably about my age. ("Good to meet you, Mr. Buck. Say... didn't you have Mr. Jimmerson for 10th Grade English at 'East?")

Psychopath that I am, I'm thinking of Les Liaisons Dangereuses. The movie. I never read the book. Where John Malkovich's character seduces the sheltered young virgin and teaches her every sexual trick in the book so that Glenn Close's character can get back at the girl's betrothed. I wonder how long it would take me to turn Bucky into a total sex pig?

My total sex pig.

How would I have been about things if, at Bucky's age, I was approached by a sexy older man technically old enough to be my father. There I was, mired in doubt and ambiguity, and there was this guy who gently and supportively lead me along, talking me through things...

Hmmm. If I recall correctly, that's exactly what I was hoping for.

Well, maybe not. I remember a few sexy older men who seemed kind and nurturing and supportive, and whom I couldn't get away from fast enough. I was projecting all of my fears onto them. Often, after sex with a man, I'd come away thinking, "No more of that! That's enough! I'm not that way."

The world has changed.

I think the best thing to do would be to just open the door and see if Bucky walks through.

Now, how do I go about doing that logistically?


No comments: