Friday, February 27, 2004

Amazing!

Well I'm floored! It's incredible!

I'm referring, of course, to the amazing similarities between Vintage '70s Radical Feminism and Early Twenty-First Century Leather.

Huh?

It's true! Parallel lines really do meet in infinity!

Let's look at the most glaring examples...

Poor Spelling If you're a fan of 'womyn,' they you'll love 'boi.'

Fragrance Free I know a guy who was stopped at the door of the Eagle and turned away because he was wearing patchoulli oil. And I know a woman who was thrown out of her Consciousness Raising group for the same thing.

Hair is Good! Shaving your legs is doing violence to your body in order to conform to the oppressive standards opposed by men! Shaving your chest is... well... being a twink.

Contentious Sashes There were protests at the Miss America Pageant in Atlantic City in 1970. Among the street theater was the burning of uncomfortable lacy undergarments. Hence, feminists were labeld by Archie Bunker types as bra-burners. And you wouldn't believe the flack I got for doing a favor for a friend and competing in the Mr. Northeast Leather Sir competition. Don't hate me because I wear a sash!

Trans-Phobia Sad but true. Women of Transgendered experience aren't welcome at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival. And at the other side of the state, Men of Transgendered experience aren't welcome at Inferno. (Although I'm informed that at least one managed to make it through the gates and had a pretty good time this past year.)

Ah, the perils of orthodoxy, huh?


No comments: