Saturday, February 21, 2004

Oh Boy! It's a Meme!

This is from Edge's page...

A - Age: 39
B - Band listening to right now: Uh, I'm not. But Emmylou Harris' last album is getting a lot of play while I drive
D - Dad's name: Howard
E - Easiest person to talk to: Baron von Philadelphia
F - Favorite song at the moment: Uh... Just one? Hmmm. I guess I'd have to pick 'Thunder Road,' by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band. "The screendoor slams, Harry's old dog bays. Like a vision he strides across the porch as the radio plays. That's Morrissey singing for the lonely, hey that's me and I want you only. Don't turn me down again I just can't stand myself alone. Don't run back inside Harry, you know just what I'm here for. So you're scared and you're thinking that maybe we ain't that young anymore. Show a little faith, there's magic in the night. You ain't Vin Diesel but hey, you're alright, and that's alright with me."
Oh. Wait. That's not quite how it goes.
G - Gummy Bears or Gummy Worms: Bears
H - Hometown: Point Pleasant, Pennsylvania. Where I live now.
I - Instruments: None. Not a one. Can't read music. In elementary school I played the recorder, but not well.
J - Job title: Drone. Well, actually I don't have one. That I know of. 'Finisher,' I guess.
K - Kids: Just Faithful Companion!
L - Longest car ride ever: I guess heading out to Chicago from home in Jersey City for IML takes the prize. It took me two days to get there. Although, maybe Inferno, even though it's a little bit east of Chicago, might be longer.
M - Mom's name: Which one? Birth mother was Jeannette. Actually, on her birth certificate, Maria Janina, as her father was Polish. My first step mother was Robina, called Ruby; and my second step mother's name was Kathleen. Called... uh... Kathleen.
N - Number of siblings: Two. One deceased.
O - Oldest sibling: My brother, who is fifteen years my senior
P - Phobia[s]: Snakes, kinda. Needles (ironic given the fact that I used to run a needle exchange; I got myself to the point that I could talk our clients through safer injection.) The sight of my own--but definitely not someone else's--blood.
Q - Quote you like: "A ship is safe in the harbor, but what's a ship for?" That was the 'favorite quote' offered by a football player in the Sports pages. I put it up on my AOL profile, which also asks for 'Favorite Quote.' Right up there with, "For a Sadist, I'm a pretty nice guy." I came up with that one.
R - Reason to smile: A good day at work.
S - Song you sang last: On Friday at work, I was singing an REM song, "I Believe." "Trust in your calling, make sure your calling is true; think of others, and the others, think of you--silly rule. Practice practice makes perfect; perfect is a thought and thought lines change... Oooh, I believe, my coat is wearing thin and change is what I believe in."
T - Time you wake up: 5 am on work days. Whatever I can get away with on weekends.
U - Unknown fact about me: Okay. This this is weird. I had a congenital birthmark. On the top of my head. When I was in junior high school, I got a wart on my birthmark. The wart went to town. We saw a doctor, and they removed my birthmark in two operations, stretching the skin of my scalp up to replace the skin removed with the birthmark and the wart. So essentially, I had a face lift when I was about twelve years old. This is the only operation I've ever had.
V - Vegetable you hate: The three things I don't eat: Okra, coconut, and eggplant. And I usually say no to tripe, too.
X - X-rays you've had: More than I can count from dentists.
Y - Yummy food: Buttered toast.
Z - Zodiac sign: Scorpio. With Libra rising. So I can passionately and intensely argue both sides of an issue with myself. And frequently, I do. It's my cross to bear.



No comments: