Saturday, February 07, 2004

Things are good here. Had a nice date last night with a meteorologist bear guy from Jersey. Went really well. Getting myself mentally prepared for a play date tonight. I've kinda got cold feet. But I'll show. I might be a lot of things, but I'm not an AOL flake.

*sigh*

Here's the deal. I don't want a play date. I think I'm genuinely tired of playing the field. I almost have this feeling that I'm getting closer. That He's out there. That we might be meeting soon. And that's kind of got me distracted from present opportunities.

it's weird. There are a couple of guys. AOL guys. Haven't actually met them. But when I talk to them, I'm not thinking along the lines of "Damn I want to whip him" or "Love for him to have me in chains." I'm more wondering if he'd be up for renting a canoe and spending a day out on the Delaware River when the weather gets better. And the whipping and/or boot service.

I mean, that's just goofy. Setting myself up for heartache. Nothing has me punching my fists through my shirtsleeves and heading out the door quicker than someone picking out china patterns. And that's just what mode I'm slipping into lately.

Ah me.

A good thing, though. My antennae are working. I've got my eyes open. Last weekend, Richard mentioned his quick temper and propensity to obsession and--hot guy that he is--I just thought, "No. Thank you. But no."

Anyway. There's a guy in Jersey that wants me in his sling tonight. Gotta go clean out and such.


No comments: