Monday, February 16, 2004

Massage boy a No-Show Again!!!

An AOL guy. A New Hope resident. Who wants to give me a massage. Like I'd say no to that? We agree to meet at Starbucks in New Hope. I show up, get a latte, open my book, and an hour and a half later I pack it in. This was last Monday. And then, three days later (!), Massage boy flags me down on line. No apology. Just "I was sick this week. Feeling better now." He asks when he's gonna get to give me that massage. We reschedule for tonight. Seven o'clock finds me at Starbucks. At 8:09 p.m., I decided to pack it in.

Unbelievable. Is he psychotic? Is he the flakiest boy that ever was? I have to admit I'm sort of intrigued. Give him a third chance? Yeah. I probably would. Why? For one thing, I'd really like a massage. For another thing, somehow it doesn't feel like being stood up when it means spending an hour and a half reading my book at Starbucks. And finally, I wanna meet this boy.


No comments: