Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I Just Flew In From Southern California And Boy! Are My Arms Tired!

(Nyuk nyuk nyuk.)

Home again!

What an awesome trip! I'll recount at length, just not tonight. It was a long day of sitting on a Southwest Airlines 727.

It was great spending time with Alpha, the perfect host. Although I missed SuperPigs, I did have dinner chez Roadkill, and I delivered to him an iPod Shuffle of music that is wrong wrong wrong for playing in a dungeon according to everybody I've talked to about it, but which Roadkill is gonna give a try out anyway. So we'll see.

When RK dropped me off after a wonderful evening of dinner and conversation, as I was getting out of the car he told me, "You are never going to be happy in an egalitarian relationship. You're dominating and controlling. You need a slave."

I countered by saying that there was my dad to consider. Roadkill answered that a slave would understand that.

"No," I said, "What I mean is that although I hold things together pretty well, there are seasons--thankfully rare--of self-pity and rage and 'oh-woe-is-me' that I go through from time to time, and I wouldn't want to subject a slave to behavior like that from his Master."

Roadkill simply said, "When you hit those hard times, it would be good to have a slave."

Huh.

So I've been thinking about that.

Saturday night found me at the Barracks in Palm Springs.

Amazing.

I met bunches of verrrry hot guys, and persisted on interviewing them à la Anderson Cooper, on how they liked life in PS, as most of them weren't from there. The collective response: I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

And, I ran into this guy I've talked to over the years on worldleathermen. He's the only other person on Recon that has a pic of himself sporting a black eye besides me. We met briefly when I was down in DC for MAL. We chatted some at the Barracks, and he introduced me to his posse, good guys all. He excused himself to go wait in the extremely long line for the bathroom, just as I realized that I had to get back to the hotel so Alpha and I could go to dinner. I decided to wait for him to get back. Finally he did, and we kissed goodbye.

And we kissed and we kissed and we kissed.

And the world dissolved and my body melted into his and it was just like I had done a hit of some really good ecstasy or something.

In other words, I totally fell in love. And I'm betting he felt something similar.

It's been a long long time since I've had that experience--however ephemeral--with a man.

Course it just so happens that he lives 2,653 miles away from me.

By way of us coming back down to earth, I jokingly told him, "Okay. I fly home on Tuesday, I'll pack up my stuff, drive back here, and I'll move in with you on Friday. 'Kay?"

Let me be clear: only half-joking.

And so much more to tell. And I have some pics of me prostrating myself in awe in front of Albert Frey's house for the Kaufman family, the same Kaufman family for whom Frank Lloyd Wright built Falling Water. And some pictures of me naked in the desert.

The 'naked' part seems almost unimaginable to me, since it's 21° F. here and we're expecting snow.

P'r'aps tomorrow, while I'm watching the snow fall, I'll fill you all in on the details.

'Night for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww Drew...You're such a MENSCH...Who WOULDN'T want to be Your slave???

rob (lthruniform@aol.com)

Anonymous said...

Just so you have the facts "straight" Southwest deos not operate 727's, only 737's