Monday, January 13, 2003

I am soooo looking forward to MAL next weekend.

When I was driving down last year, I called my dear friend Connie is St. Louis. (Heterosexual, married Connie.) Connie asked where I was heading, and I told her I was off to a Leather event in DC, centered around a conference.

Pregnant pause.

“What kind of ‘contest’ is this?” she asked.

I told her that guys who had won contests at individual bars were now competing for the title of Mr. Mid-Atlantic Leather, and the winner would go on to compete in Chicago to become International Mr. Leather. Connie starts laughing: “You’re going to a beauty pageant!”

“Well, no… Well, yeah.”

I’ve never been to IML (International Mr. Leather), but I love MAL. I always thought that from what I heard IML would be too much of a scene. MAL, however, has an Old-Home-Week kind of feel to it. Everyone tends to converge in the lobby of the hotel, and it’s all about chatting and cruising and catching up. However, if my application to the Chicago Hellfire Club is accepted before IML, that could provide me with additional incentive to go to IML, as CHC will no doubt have an event at their clubhouse that I could go to.

DC really is one of my favorite cities to visit. I have never not had a good night at the DC Eagle. I have a theory about why the DC Eagle is the best leather bar in the country. People gravitate to New York in order to work, primarily, in fields that include fashion, advertising, marketing, public relations, media, and finance. If you think about it, it’s all about Image. On the other hand, people gravitate to Washington, DC because of power, and they tend to be people who are keenly aware of power dynamics. And that tends to be the basis of S/M. As opposed to the New York Eagle, where people look really really good, but tend to be primarily interested in standard fare from the sexual smorgasbord.

And, my favorite restaurant in the whole world is in DC: Afterwords Café at Kramer Books on Connecticut Avenue. I got to like Afterwords when a former job had me practically living in DC for several weeks. I was staying either at the Mayflower Hotel or right around the corner from there at a little family run hotel. So Afterwards was a quick walk, and the menu was varied enough so that I could eat there every night and not be bored. Also, as I was down there solo, because it was attached to a bookstore (and a great bookstore at that) I could sit alone at a table reading a book while I ate, and not feel like a freak.

I’m picking up Sweetheart Sir at the airport on Friday morning, and then we’re going out for lunch. I think I’ll see about heading there.

Speaking of S’Sir, in preparation for the scene we’re planning on doing down there, S’Sir has ordered me (ahem!) to abstain from cumming between now and Friday. As I don’t take orders very well, I’m thinking of this as a ‘suggestion’ for a preparatory course of action to make the scene that we do all the hotter. That shouldn’t be much of a problem. I’m pretty busy this week, so it’s unlikely that I’m gonna have the free time for a hook-up of some kind that would compromise that. And so the only time I really jerk off is the last thing I do every night before I go to sleep. If in fact I do have problems getting to sleep, I’ll probably resort to that stress-relievin’ activity that releases whatever neurochemical that knocks me out cold every time. (Seriously. The most frequent reply that my sex partners get to the question, “How was that for you?” is “Zzzzzzzzz.”)

Anyway.

I’ll close this entry with a wee little ditty I learned years ago.


I saw her snatch
………………………….the suitcase from the hallway.
I held her but
…………………………a moment in the rain
I kissed her as
…………………………we drove off to the station
To see her brother Jack off
………………………….on the train..

Maybe it doesn’t work printed the way it does when it’s heard sung. Still, a clever bit of Vaudeville nonetheless.

---------------------------------------


Dang. I agreed to go to this thing for work… “The King of Hi-Di_Ho,” Honoring the Harlem Little League… this entertaining Reel to Real family series pairs classic film and video clips with live performances of music, dance, comedy and drama. Sounds great, right? I love the Harlem Little League. Well, no. It’s on a Saturday. If it meant heading up to the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture on a Friday afternoon, I’d be there. But the little leaguers are gonna have to trust that I’m solid in my fandom. Well, maybe if I can find someome to go with me. I wonder if my friend Baron von Philadelphia could come into town for a weekend? He’d be great for something like that. And any way, I wish he would move to NYC. Then we could hang out.

No comments: