Saturday, January 25, 2003

I'm a happy guy. Today, I hauled three garbage bags full of paper down the stairs and out to the garbage cans out back. And, the paper that remains is neatly tucked away into file folders. The apartment is neat as a pin. I met up with Current President to go over the books of GMSMA this afternoon. We're almost there. So close to perfect I can taste it. Then, I met up with Glenn of Glennalicious for coffee. Truly enjoyable. He, too, has been to Moscow, having spent time as a student there. We both loved the Mayakovsky House Museum and the Tretyakov Gallery, although he never made it to the Sandunovskii Banya, my little bit of paradise here on earth. I stopped at the Candle Shop on Christopher Street. I decided that some candles would be a worthy addition to the Den. And that instinct proves correct. The St. Andrew's Cross looks charming bathed in candlelight . Unfortunately, this will mean points off at www.straightacting.com. Alas. Now, I'm gonna get this place vacuumed, and then head out to the LURE. Tomorrow afternoon is the GMSMA Novices Special Interest Group (we're covering erotic massage and ass play, I believe). And tomorrow night, I'm gonna pay a visit to my slave at the Penthouse. I learned that Sunday and Monday, the staff has off.

A friend of mine who has since moved to San Francisco used to live at Riverbank West, a luxury highrise building (corridors wide as boulevards) on West 43rd Street. When he would go out of town, I used to stay in his apartment. Which was lovely, although I couldn't get used to the doormen. They would fall all over themselves to open the door for me when I came back there after work, in an officious way that made me feel really weird. I would try to sort of slink up to the entrance unnoticed and get in there before they could open the door for me, which caused them to sort of go on red alert and dive for the door when they saw me. I mentioned this to my friend, and he quoted the husband in the movie Rebecca, about the new wife who gets all kinds of weird vibes about taking the place of the dead wife, especially from the housekeeper, who tells the new wife not to worry about the odd things the housekeeper is saying with, "Don't be afraid of them darling, they're only servants."

As my stoner buddies say, "It's all good."

No comments: