Friday, January 31, 2003

It was so nice having boy-boy (that would be my dog) with me at work today. Just with me. He behaved really well. Although, in comparison to Boss Sunshine's yappy teacup poodles, there was a lot of room to maneuver for him. I had vague notions of going to the Eagle tonight. But I think not. Rather, I'm going to write for a while, then get to bed. Tomorrow a.m. I have to make a trip into the city, and then I head to MP Uniforms and Supply in Allentown, PA. I'm imagining a vast warehouse filled with offduty cops and uniforms from around the world.

I've never been a big uniform fetishist. In fact, I sort of prided myself back in high school gym class in always being out of uniform in one way or another. Ditto for the Boy Scouths. I sort of go for something that will in some way stand out. I have never seen anyone running around in one of those Propper one-pieces that I bought. (Think S*W*A*T, the police show from the '70s.) My softball coach is a big uniform fetishist. Among the most interesting things I've seen him wearing, and that I wouldn't mind acquiring, is an NYPD issue bicycle cop summer shirt. It's NYPD and all, but it's done in cotton/lycra. My absence from the gym has sort of stiffled that desire though ("Ahms like a tvelf yeah olt gerrrl" as Hans und Franz would have it.)

I'm procrastinating at getting down to business on the writing. Last night was marathon, and I did some truly fiine work. Will the muse pay another visit to the humble abode? I'll light a candle in the window and see if I can summon her down.

I'm feeling myself getting prepared for the dungeon demo I'm doing tomorrow night. I'll be whipping my boy wonderful at the LURE at some point between 7pm and 10pm. (Y'all come!) Then, I spend the night chez b.w.

Anyway, to work!

----------------------------------

No comments: