Friday, January 03, 2003

Y'know what's great? Blogging looks like work from a distance.

Got news from Podunk, the guy that I was supposed to go meet up with tomorrow. He lives way upstate (hence the nomenclature), and he's buried in snow. Just totally burried. So, he advised me to cancel out for tomorrow. Uh uh. I am made of stronger stuff. For one thing, I grew up in the sticks. If you decided not to drive in the snow, then you didn't go anywhere from November through March. I have no problem driving in the snow, or hiking in from the end of the driveway. And, if at any point it gets too bad, I sure don't mind turning around and coming back. It's not softball season, so what else would I be doing with a Saturday?

And, I really really really like this guy. We've had some amazing phone conversations. Of course, you never really know until you do the face-to-face thing, but I'm pretty hopeful. Oh. And I have to go to court on Tuesday all the way up in Newburgh. The People of the State of New York vs. moi!. I, speeder..


Y'know, I'm really talking and thinking more and more about leaving NYC. Maybe even getting a little obsessive about the whole thing. Just about every conversation I have sort of works its way around to that issue. True, most people respond by some variation or other on the theme of 'Are you nuts?". But I think that overall, it's time. It's not as though I hate New York. That is truly not the case. I've even made my peace with those elements of the city that used to really get to me. And, I no longer live in that goddawful Borough of Brooklyn. I just sort of feel like there is no further novelty. I've done it all.

No comments: