Thursday, January 30, 2003

Okay. At work, we're sending around a birthday card for Boss Sunshine. Everyone is having a really hard time coming up with something to say, other than, "Happy Birthday. Drop Dead." When it was my turn, I was as stumped as everyone else. Earlier today, I had sent off email to Special Guy, someone for whom my feelings are heartfelt, sincere, and favorable. My email to Special Guy read as follows:

Happy Birthday, Special Guy!
I hope it's a good one, the first great day of a great year. A year when
everything is golden, when you are showered with blessings, when you get
back all the love you give tenfold.
No backpain, no gastro-intestinal disturbances, no aching feet, just the
good stuff.
Happy Birthday, you wonderful man.
All my love,
Moi.

..so I adopted and adapted, and here's what I ended up writing in Boss Sunshine's card...

Happy Birthday!
I hope it's a good one, the first golden day of a golden year. May you be showered with blessings and hosed down with love.
Your devoted Chief-of-Staff,
Moi.

After I had written it out in the card, I burst out laughing. What was clunking around in my subconscious just now? Read it again. Here. Maybe this will help you understand what struck me as funny...


I hope it's a good one, the first golden day of a golden year. May you be showered with blessings and hosed down with love.

I wonder if Boss Sunshine will pick up on that? It's probably deniable, but I couldn't pull it off with a straight face. It was totally unintentional, I swear. I swear!

---------------------------------

No comments: