Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Now here's great news. I'm writing. As in something that may turn out to be book length. It's a work of non-fiction, essentially a series of essays on a related them concerning various aspects of S/M. As I learned a long time ago with a children's book I wrote, it is best in these situations not to be too explicit. Until it's in the hands of the publisher. I got home, unpacked, and upon setting up my laptop, I just sat down and out it came. I did a rough outline of topics I want to hit. This is actually something that's been kicking around with me for a long time. We'll see where it goes. (As my head fills with fantasies of a book tour...)

The Boss gets back from China tonight. And tomorrow he's out of town. So I guess I really just have Thursday and Friday this week to worry about. I swear, I have never been in a work situation like this, this weird sort of "Yikes! It's the Boss! Everybody be on your toes!" I've always taken the approach that I was working with whoever was above me on the organization chart, although by virtue of a division of labor, they had their responsibilities and I had mine. And giving me guidance and supervision were on their list of responsibilities. Not that I take supervision very well, and not that I haven't ducked into a broom closet once or twice when I was over deadline on something, but largely I learned the protocols and procedures of work when I was cooking in restaurants. There, when the chips are down, everything is everybody's job. "^You! Waiter! Slice up those cucumbers if you want your salad, because the salad guy just got fired." That kind of thing. Maybe I've just been blessed.

In other news, I got an email from a Leather Navigator guy that I met up with at MAL. What a sweet gesture. What a great guy. Lucky for him Toledo is too far away for me to seriously persue stalking.

And here's some more news. (I'm hoping this is the first flowering of a renewed sense of discipline in terms of life management.) I'm re-arranging the furniture! I've got a kitchen, bathroom, a middle room, and a front room. Originally, the middle room was my 'living room,' and the larger front room was my bedroom and office. Unfortunately, I spent all of my time in the bedroom/office, and eventually concluded that the living room was wasted space. Plus, as the front room gives out on the street, and I live over a bar, it wasn't optimal for a bedroom. So, the middle room became the bedroom, and that works pretty well. Now, in the front room, I've got daybed, two chairs, television, desk, and my St. Andrew's Cross. I refer to this room as, the Den. Since I made this arrangement, I have not played in my apartment once. Well, not true. I've done some bondage in the bedroom. But, the cross is about three feet away from my desk, so I sort of have this dread of somebody interrupting my flogging by letting me know that my electric bill should have been paid two weeks ago, as my desk is always cluttered. So, last night, I sort of hit upon an arrangement whereby I could have a substantial portion of the den devoted exclusively to play. And do it up, in a dungeon sort of way. Maybe it's time I get a sling, too. I've heard that there's a guy in New York who has made sort of a specialty of installing slings. I think that's the way I'd want to go. Best of all, I think I could arrange things so that my bottoms aren't perusing the mail on my desk whilst I attempt to transport them to new heights of ecstasy.

And, it is to be hoped that once this mote is removed from my mind's eye I'll see the way clear to make my bed every day, never leave dirty dishes in the sink, get enough sleep, manage to get sufficient protein in my diet, and make the gym a regular part of my days and weeks again. You may laugh, but not infrequently it just takes one small thing--like rearranging the furniture--to get me back on track.

Here's hoping.

------------------------------------------------

No comments: