Sunday, January 05, 2003

I had such a great night with Bob. I'm now in a much better mood. Even with the awful horror of five days of work looking me in the face tomorrow. Although actually I guess it's four-and-a-half, since I'll have to leave early on Tuesday to go up to Newburgh to stand trial for the crime of speeding. How tedious is that. I'll have to be sure to flirt with the Trooper who gave me the ticket. That should make it interesting.

Last November, I got hit by a car service guy while I was on my way into town to go to the Lure on a Saturday night. When the police got there, I wondered how they would deal with the sight of all 6'2" of me, leathered up, unfolding out of my Jeep. It was fine. it was better than fine. I swear I could have gotten the one officer's phone number.

Oh. Here's a thought that's been careening around in my brain for the past 24 hours or so. Yesterday on my trip up to visit Podunk, I was talking to a guy (and a reader!) who I'm looking forward to meeting up with for a scene at MAL. We'll call him Sweetheart Sir. Sweetheart Sir related to me a conversation he had with a friend of his. S'Sir was telling his friend how he met had one of those experiences where he met up with someone who turned out to be the slave of an acquaintance of S'Sir's. S'Sir summed it up by saying, "Small world, isn't it?" And his friend responded, "It's not that the world is small, it's that your life is large. Live it." Sweetheart Sir loved that, and so do I. I love my big ol' life.

Oh. My blog surpassed the 2000 mark. Golly. Small potatoes to some, but I'm sort of amazed by that. Anyway. I'm off to bed.

No comments: